Invasion of the Dragons
Saturday July 23, 2016
Let the invasion begin...
The Second Annual Invasion of the Dragons Dragonboat Festival is now open for registration.
The event will take place on Saturday July 23, 2016 starting at 9am in beautiful Waterford, Ontario Norfolk County. Proceeds for this event will benefit CIBC Run For The Cure and
Register ONLINE Now!
Cancer Support Group for Women
Created in November of 2004, these monthly meetings are open to any woman in Norfolk
who is dealing with any type of cancer, currently or in the past. Support & encouragement
are offered by women who share a similar experience with a cancer diagnosis & who
Service & Benefits:
- Information shared is strictly confidential
- Questions, fears & concerns about diagnosis, treatment & side effects, alternative remedies & prevention are discussed
- Special speakers occasionally invited
- Informal meeting format
- “Welcome Back” social occurs annually
No cost to attend, but donations are welcome
Meetings: 1st Tuesday of every month 7-9 PM
Wellness Centre (Alzheimer’s Society)
645 Norfolk St. N, Simcoe, Ontario
Luncheon: 2nd Tuesday of every month
63 Queensway West, Simcoe, Ontario
Contact: CSRP at 519-426-0219 if you have any questions or to RSVPfor luncheon.
New Day New Me Media Buzz! Simcoe Reformer
Through events like the one above, the CSRP helps to provide funds to assist local families facing cancer depends upon the support of our whole community.
HOW CAN YOU LEND A HELPING HAND?
- Make an annual donation
- Celebrate life with an event or dinner & donate the proceeds
- Contribute monthly
- Remember loved ones through memorial giving
Donate to the CSRP
If you are interested on making a donation to the CSRP you can now make
it through Paypal by clicking the DONATE button Below!
Cancer Support & Resource Program
Of Norfolk (CSRP)
The CSRP is a volunteer-driven, non-profit organization with a local community focus. While the members of its Board are actively committed to increasing cancer supports for Norfolk residents, they know that it cannot be achieved without the support of the larger community. The CSRP therefore seeks to work cooperatively with other agencies, businesses & existing services to create a stronger foundation of cancer supports for Norfolk County residents.
Service & Benefits:
- Telephone support: listening; answering questions; offering referrals to local supports & out of area resources where appropriate
- Peer support: empathy & encouragement for patients, caregivers, & family is freely given.
- Meeting area provided for support groups & supportive programming (e.g. journaling, art etc)
- Produce resources to highlight available supportive services & increase access to them (e.g. Cancer Resource Booklet, CSRP Website & Haldimand-Norfolk ServiceOntario Centre database)
- Provide information sessions for area cancer patients, caregivers, family, & general public
“Facing Cancer with Courage”
The Cancer Support & Resource Program of Norfolk is a non-profit organization dedicated to assisting those touched by cancer to take charge of their choices.
Networking with government & community agencies, institutions, businesses, service groups & individuals, we offer a variety of emotional & supportive services.
We seek to empower patients, caregivers & others by providing knowledge & experience.
And we strive to dispel the fears associated with cancer through education and example.
Funds raised in this community
stay in this community.